The resistance band pronation exercise is used to strengthen the muscles which turn the hand over which is useful after an injury such as a wrist or forearm fracture.
- Tie one end of the band around something sturdy at waist height with the arm being worked closet to the attachment point.
- Wrap the other end around the end of a long thin object and hold the other end.
- Band you elbow and position the upper arm by your side.
- Start with your hand positioned so that your thumb faces up.
- Pronate the hand (turn it over so that the palm faces down).
- Return to the starting position.