The resistance band supination exercise strengthens the muscles which turn the palm of the hand upwards which is useful after a fracture of the Radius or Ulna.
- Tie one end of the band around something sturdy at waist height with the arm being worked furthest from the attachment point.
- Wrap the other end around the end of a long thin object and hold the other end Bend your elbow and position the upper arm by your side.
- Start with your hand positioned so that your palm faces down.
- Supinate the hand (turn it over so that the palm faces up).
- Slowly return to the starting position.