Calf Raise with a bent knee
The bent knee calf raise places more emphasis on the Soleus muscle as bending the knee relaxes the Gastrocnemius!
- Stand with the feet about shoulder width apart and toes pointing straight forwards.
- Hold on to a wall and bend the knees slightly to relax the Gastrocnemius muscle.
- Raise your heels off the floor as high as you can.
- Return slowly to the starting position.
Variations & progressions
- Progress by performing the exercise on a step, with only the toes on the step.
- Hold onto the wall or banister as you raise the heels and then drop them down below the level of the step before returning to the starting position.
- Alternatively perform on a single leg.