The diamond push-up (press-up) puts less emphasis on the chest muscles and more on the triceps muscles. it is called a diamond push-up becuase of the shape formed by the hands.
- Kneel on all fours with the hands close together so the two index fingers and two thumbs are touching and form a diamond shape.
- Straighten your legs out behind you so that your weight is distributed between your hands and toes.
- Bend the elbows back to lower the chest towards the floor.
- Push back up to the starting position.
Variations & progressions
- Perform with the hands on a medicine ball to add another degree of difficulty.