Straight Leg Raise
Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
A straight leg raise is a rehab exercise used in the early stages of treating a thigh, hip flexor or knee injury.
- Lay on your back or sit on the floor as shown with both legs straight.
- Keeping the knee straight, raise one leg off the floor.
- Start by lifting just a few inches and increase as you progress.
Variations & progressions
- Lay on a bench with one leg bent and the foot on the floor to support you.
- Start with the other leg straight and the heel on the ground (so your hip is in an extended position).
- Keep the knee straight as you raise this leg off the floor and above the level of the bench.
- Add an ankle weight to increase the difficulty.