Core stability exercise the plank progressed.
This is a highly challenging exercise that should only be attempted after achieving the initial plank exercise
- Start in a push up position and raise yourself so that your elbows are completely straight. Your hands should be facing directly forwards and you should be up on your toes.
- Inhale and engage your core.
- As you exhale float one leg upwards so that it is in line with your back. Your toes on the raised leg should be pointing away from you and you should be in a position so that the back of your body represents a plank.
- Now raise your opposite arm up and point your fingers away from the body.
- Hold for a breath and return to the start position. Repeat with the opposite leg and arm
- Repeat 5-10 times each side
- Eliminate rocking- focus on your core muscles to maintain a static posture