Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
The bicep curl is one of the best known weight training exercises. There are many different variations which work the muscle in different ways and for different effects.
- Stand with the feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent and back straight.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with the palms facing forwards and elbows straight.
- Bend the elbows to lift the dumbbells from by your thighs, up towards you shoulders.
- Avoid swinging the weights or arching the back to help lift the weight.
- Slowly return the weights back to the starting position.
Variations & progressions
- Use a barbell to perform the same movement.
- Perform the same movement with the palms facing backwards. This places more emphasis on the wrist muscles.