Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
The shoulder press exercise works the Deltoid and Triceps muscles. It is performed with dumbbells. The same exercise performed with a barbell is called a military press.
- Position a bench with the back support up and sit on the seat pad, leaning your back against the support.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, with the palms facing together.
- Push directly upwards until the elbows are almost completely straight.
- Slowly return back to the starting position.
Variations & progressions
- Perform with the palms facing each other to allow the biceps to aid the movement.