This is a knee mobility exercise to increase the range of knee flexion at the joint. It is suitable for early stage rehabilitation after injuries and surgery.
- This exercise improves knee range of motion.
- The athlete lies on their back on a hard surface.
- The heel is slowly moved up towards the buttocks, as far as is comfortable(socks can be worn to ensure that the foot slides)
- After a minute or so, further movement may be possible.
- A towel or strap wrapped around the ankle can be used to help in the very early stages.