Norwegian hamstring curl
The Norwegian hamstring curl (or nordic curl) requires either a partner or gym equipment to lock the lower legs securely. It is a very tough exercise as it strengthens the hamstrings eccentrically which is important in late stage rehab from a hamstring strain.
To strengthen the hamstrings, glutes and core muscles.
- This is a very advanced exercise isolating hamstring muscles.
- A partner anchors the athlete's calves.
- A straight line must be maintained from knee to shoulder.
- The athlete lowers the body as controlled as possible to the floor.
- At the point whereby the move becomes uncomfortable the athlete lets the body fall to the floor using the hands to control their landing
As the hamstrings get stronger less upper body push can be used the athlete can raise themselves back to the start position.