Prolonged Knee Flexion
This exercise is used to increase knee flexion. Sometimes after a knee or thigh injury or after surgery on this area it is not possible to fully bend the knee. This exercise can be used in the early stages of rehabilitation to help regain full movement.
- To increase knee flexion.
- The athlete is seated, with padding on the lower leg and a strap around the lower leg, wrapped around the back of the chair and the end held in the hands.
- The athlete pulls the strap until a tight feeling is felt on the knee/thigh. This should not be painful.
- This position is held for a few minutes before attempting to increase the stretch.
- This exercise is used to increase knee flexion motion.