This plyometric push-up exercise is great for improving upper body strength and explosive power.
- To strengthen the upper body.
- This can be performed as a wall push-up or on the floor.
- The athlete assumes the push-up position, starting with the elbows bent.
- The athlete pushes out with enough force so that the hands leave the surface of the wall or floor.
- This exercise strengthens many muscles. The Primary muscles used are the deltoids, triceps and the pectoralis major.
Two boxes of 10-15cm height are placed on either side of the athlete. The athlete starts with elbows bent and pushes upwards with enough force so the hands come off the floor and can be placed on the boxes.