The Push-up performed against a wall strengthens the chest muscles and is a 'plus' is added, the scapula muscles can also be activated.
- To Strengthen the chest and serratus anterior.
- The athlete stands in front of a wall in the push up position with the hands shoulder width apart.
- The feet are positioned far enough away from the wall to cause the athlete to lean in.
- Keeping the hands on the wall at all times, the athlete pushes the body away from the hands.
- When the arms are straight, the 'plus' is performed by protracting the shoulder blades and rounding the back.
- Bend the elbows to return to the start position and repeat.