Swiss Ball Stabilization
This is a plyometric exercise which challenges shoulder stability.
- This challenges the muscles of the upper extremity due to the shoulder having to provide stability.
- The athlete positions themselves on the ball at the hips and places the hands on the wobble board.
- The athlete attempts to maintain balance whilst moving the arms.
- This can be progressed by positioning the ball lower down the body.
- This exercise works the muscles of the upper extremity through stabilizing the shoulder during motion.