- Sports Injuries
- Rehabilitation & Exercises
- Treatments & Therapies
- Clinics Directory
- Symptom Checker
- Sports Specific
- Expert Interviews
- About us
Lateral Neck Flexion Stretch
Lateral neck flexion stretch targets the upper trapezius muscle and relieves tension in the upper back and neck.
This stretch can be very useful for people who suffer from tight, aching muscles in the upper back and neck, such as those who work at a computer.
- Look straight forward and do not let the chin drop down.
- Move your ear towards the shoulder and feel a stretch on the opposite side of the neck. It should not be painful and the stretch should not be forced.
- Don't let your shoulder lift up to meet the ear but keep both shoulders relaxed.
- Hold for the stretch for between 10 and 30 seconds then relax. Can be repeated 2 or three times.