This stretch requires the help of a partner or therapist to stretch the muscles which supinate the wrist (turn the hand over).
- The patient is in a relaxed position with the upper arm supported.
- The therapist fully pronates the hand (so the palm faces down) to stretch and lengthen the supinator muscles.
- A mild stretch may be felt in the wrist and forearm.
- This position can be held for up to a minute, provided it does not cause pain.
- Doing this exercise with the elbow bent reduces the stretch on the Biceps muscle to focus on supinator.