Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
A bruised kidney (or kidney contusion) occurs following a direct impact to the lower back area. This is most commonly from car accidents, although may also result from a fall or a physical attack, such as being kicked in the back.
Symptoms of a Bruised Kidney (Contusion)
- Instant pain.
- Pain in the lower back area, usually on one side.
- Blood in the urine.
- Muscle spasms in the back muscles.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- A doctor will examine the patient and may request An X-ray to check for associated injuries such as fractured ribs.
- Other tests such as MRI's or CT scans may also be ordered to check for internal bleeding.
- In cases of a simple kidney contusion, the patient is usually monitored closely for a few days.
- The kidney will usually heal on it's own without further complications within a week or so.