Stretching Exercises for Golfer's Elbow
Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
Simple stretching exercises which can be used in the treatment and rehabilitation of Golfers elbow.
The following is for information purposes. We recommend seeking professional advice before attempting and rehabilitation. Stretching is an important part of the rehabilitation process and should begin as soon as pain allows and be continued throughout rehabilitation program and beyond.
- The Ulnar nerve runs very close to the medial epicondyle (bony bit on the inside of the elbow). This may become trapped by scar tissue. A neural stretch as shown opposite may be beneficial in treating this.
- Adopt the position as shown. The stretch can be increased by placing something under the elbow to raise it up, which increases the amount the upper arm is lifted relative to the shoulder (abducted), or pressing the hand further back.
- Hold the stretch for only 5 seconds, repeat 5 times and aim to stretch at least 3 times a day.
Wrist flexor stretch
- The muscles specifically involved in the rehabilitation of Golfers / Throwers elbow can be stretched by placing the arm in the position shown in the photograph opposite.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds and repeat 5 times. Aim to stretch at least 3 times a day.
- See wrist flexor stretch video for a more detailed demonstrations.