Osgood Schlatters Disease Taping
Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
We demonstrate a simple taping technique can be used to support the petalla tendon in the same way a patella brace works.
Osgood Schlatters Taping
The following guidelines are for information purposes only. We recommend seeking professional advice before beginning rehabilitation.
The aim of this taping is to provide support to the patella tendon and take some of the stress of the patella tendon insertion into the shin bone (tibia).
What is required?
- 3.8 cm (1.5 inch) non-stretch zinc oxide tape or 5 cm (2 inch) elastic tape. Some athletes may prefer one, some the other depending on amount of support required.
- Sit the athlete on the floor with the knee bent to 90 degrees.
- A small amount of underwrap may be applied around the knee for comfort and to stop the tape pinching. Or if the leg is particularly hairy then it may be best to shave the leg where the tape will be applied.
- Starting on the outside of the leg pass the tape just under the lower pole (bottom) of the patella and around the back of the knee.
- As the tape passes around the front of the knee the seconds time it is twisted to give extra support. Continue wrapping the tape around the knee a couple of times.
- Apply one final wrap around the knee without twisting the tape as it passes under the patella.