Inflammation of the Muscles and Tendons
As a result of overuse the muscles and tendons in the forearm can become inflamed. The injury is particularly common in rowers and canoeists but can also affect racket sport players.
Inflammation can occur in muscles and tendons in the forearm and wrist due to repetitive wrist use in activities such as cleaning, diy, typing, racket sports etc. The pain will rarely occur at the time of overuse, but may come on the next day.
- Pain when you bend or straighten the hand.
- Swelling may appear.
- Tenderness over the muscles and tendons in the forearm.
What can the athlete do?
- Rest until the symptoms have disappeared.
- Apply cold therapy if it is acute or painful.
- Apply heat and wear a heat retainer.
- See a sports injury professional.
What can a sports injury specialist or doctor do?