Ankle eversion is also sometimes known as supination and is the movement of turning the foot so the sole faces outwards (away from the other foot). A resistance band is very useful for ankle exercises.
- The athlete sits on the floor as shown with the band wrapped around the foot to be worked.
- The other end of the band is attached to something sturdy on the other side of the body.
- The starting position is with the foot in inversion (sole turned in to face the other foot).
- At this point the band should just be taught to ensure resistance throughout the whole movement.
- Turn the foot outwards as far as is comfortable before slowly returning to the starting position.