Triceps Tendon Inflammation / Strain
The triceps tendon is the one at the back of the upper arm. It attaches to the back of the elbow. If you fall onto your hands you can rupture this tendon. If you over-do the weights or try to push something too heavy you can also rupture the tendon or it could become inflamed through over use.
- Elbow pain at rest and during exercise.
- Pain at the back of the elbow.
- Tender to press just above the elbow at the back.
- Limited mobility in the elbow.
- Pain on straightening the elbow, especially against resistance.
- Pain on stretching the triceps muscle.
- Apply ice or cold therapy to the injury in the first two days.
- Gently stretch the triceps once it is pain free to do so.
- See a sports injury professional for advice on treatment and rehabilitation.