Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis
The extensor carpi radialis brevis is important in racket sports and golf which require strong wrist extension (movements where the wrist bends backwards).
- Lateral epicondyle of the humerus
- Base of the third metacarpal (back of wrist)
- Extension of the wrist
- Abduction of the wrist
- Weak extension of the elbow
- Radial nerve (c6 and c7)
- Gripping things.
Example Strengthening Exercises
- Tennis elbow wrist flexion exercises.
- Tennis elbow stretch - the elbow is straightened, forearm pronated or rotated inwards and the palm hand pulled downwards.