Sports Injuries By Body Area
View all sports injuries by body area
- Heel – Pain at the back of the heel and under the heel including Plantar fasciitis, Bruised heel, Heel spur, Sever’s disease as well as fractures.
- Midfoot – Midfoot pain including stress fractures, tendonitis, tarsal fractures, midtarsal joint sprains and plantar fascia strains.
- Foot arch – Pain in the arch of the foot including Plantar fasciitis, Tarsal tunnel syndrome, and Medical calcaneal nerve entrapment.
- Forefoot – Sports injuries affecting the forefoot include Bunion, Morton’s Neuroma, Stress fractures, Sesamoiditis, Gout, Turf toe, and fractures.
- Top of the foot – Pain on top of the foot includes Extensor tendonitis, Lisfranc’s injury, Midtarsal joint sprain, Navicular fracture & Morton’s neuroma.
- Inside of the foot – Sports injuries cause pain on the inside of the foot. Most common include Bunion, Tibialis posterior tendinopathy, and Navicular stress fracture.
- Outside of the foot – Sports injuries resulting in pain on the outside of the foot including Peroneus brevis tendon strain, Cuboid syndrome, and Jone’s fracture.
- Toes – Toe injuries include Black toenails, Ingrown toenails, Toe fractures, Hallux rigidus, Turf toe, and Hammer Toe.
Lower leg & Ankle sports injuries
- Acute ankle injuries – Acute ankle injuries occur suddenly and include Ankle sprains, Ankle fractures and tendon tears.
- Inside of the ankle – Medial ankle pain including Tibialis posterior tendonitis, Medial calcaneal nerve entrapment, stress fractures as well as acute injuries.
- Outside of the ankle – Lateral ankle pain including ankle sprains, Peroneal tendonitis, stress fractures and ankle impingement.
- Achilles – Pain at the back of the ankle including Achillies tendonitis, Achilles ruptures, Sever’s disease & Achilles bursitis.
- Front of the ankle – Anterior ankle pain such as Tibialis anterior tendonitis, Ankle impingment and High ankle sprains.
- Shin – Causes of shin pain or shin splints. The most common is Medial tibial stress syndrome.
- Calf – Calf injuries including Calf strain, Posterior compartment syndrome, Contusions and Cramp.