Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
The medicine ball twist exercise works the oblique abdominals which twist and sidebend the trunk. This can also be performed with a dumbbell held between the hands.
- Sit on the floor with the knees together and slightly bent.
- Lean back and take the feet off the floor so you are balancing on the buttocks.
- Hold a medicine ball in both hands in front of you with the elbows slightly bent.
- Twist from side to side, ensuring you are moving from your waist, not your shoulders!
- This exercise is sometimes also known as a russian twist.
Variations & progressions
- To make the exercise easier for beginners, have the feet flat on the ground.
- Remember to still lean backwards!