Medicine Ball Twist
The medicine ball twist exercise works the oblique abdominals which twist and sidebend the trunk. This can also be performed with a dumbbell held between the hands.
- Sit on the floor with the knees together and slightly bent.
- Lean back and take the feet off the floor so you are balancing on the buttocks.
- Hold a medicine ball in both hands in front of you with the elbows slightly bent.
- Twist from side to side, ensuring you are moving from your waist, not your shoulders!
- This exercise is sometimes also known as a russian twist.
Variations & progressions
- To make the exercise easier for beginners, have the feet flat on the ground.
- Remember to still lean backwards!