The single arm row works the muscles around the shoulder blades. Really focus on using the shoulder blade to initiate the upwards movement.
- Place one knee and the same hand on a bench with the other foot on the floor and dumbbell in the other hand.
- Lean forwards so that the spine is straight and appoximately parallel to the floor.
- Pull the dumbbell upwards, towards your chest.
- Do not allow excessive rotation of the back, or shoulder elevation.
- Lower the dumbbell back to the starting position under control.
Variations & progressions
- Perform without a bench with the feet wide apart, knees bent and hips flexed forwards.
- Maintain good alignment throughout.