Wrist extension exercises are rarely used in weight training programmes, although it is a great exercise for rehabilitation of injuries such as tennis elbow and sprains/fractures of the wrist.
- Support the arm on a bench or table as shown, with the palm facing downwards.
- Pull the wrist back so that the dumbbell moves towards the body.
- Slowly return to that starting position.
Variations & progressions
- Perform whilst kneeling with the forearm rested on a bench in front of you.
- Extensor Carpi Ulnaris.
- Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis.
- Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus.
- Extensor Pollicis Longus.
- Extensor Digitorum Communis.