Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
A bruised bladder is also known as a contusion and is bruising of the bladder, caused by a direct impact to the lower abdomen. This may occur following a fall, car accident or being hit with a blunt object.
Symptoms of a Bruised Bladder
- Sudden pain on impact.
- Pain in the lower stomach.
- Tenderness in the abdomen.
- Blood from the urethra.
- Blood in the urine.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- A doctor will assess the patient and may order investigations such as CT scans or ultrasounds to view the extent of the damage and check there is no internal bleeding or leaking from the bladder.
- An X-ray may also be requested to rule out pelvic fractures.
- Bruising with no other injuries will usually clear on its own within a week or so.
- A hospital stay may be required to monitor symptoms until the doctor is sure there is no internal bleeding or rupture of the bladder.