Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
Gluteus Medius is an important muscle in controlling the level of the hips. Weaknesses in gluteus medius often result in a trendelenburg sign, an abnormal gait cycle where the hip of the swinging leg drops down, rather than raises up. This results in increased degrees of knee flexion in order to clear the ground.
- Outer surface of the ilium, just below the crest.
- Greater trochanter of the femur.
- Hip abduction.
- Posterior fibres externally rotate the hip.
- Anterior fibres internally rotate the hip.
- Superior gluteal nerve
- Stepping sideways out of the bath.